. . . is an Australian Singer/Songwriting artist.
She is gifted with an extraordinary jazz and soul voice, harkening to her gospel & blues roots.
From 1989-’93 Deborah enjoyed cutting her teeth as a live performer, playing the Sydney jazz circuit.
In 1993 Deborah moved to NYC where she lived & worked for 3 yrs composing, recording and performing on piano and guitar.
When she returned in 1996, Deborah put together a pop rock band, and began recording the CD, ‘What You Are”.
In 1998 “He Hears Me“, was released and the following years saw Deborah returning to her 2 great musical loves, Jazz & Gospel. By 2003 she had begun to form the jazz band ‘Manhattan Love Bistro‘ and released a CD of both standards and originals.
In 2006, Deborah settled with her family on the beautiful, rugged South Coast of Australia. Deborah continues to play local jazz & blues festivals and in 2012 released The Rider on the White Horse. She’s currently working on an album of original gospel tunes infused with her distinct jazz and soul flavour.
– He Hears Me – An eclectic soulful jazz mix of Hymns & Gospel songs. 17 trx, 6 original, all original arr. Piano – Kevin Hunt, Debra- all vocals.
– What You Are – 5 trk EP , all original Rock/Pop/Blues.
– Soul Song / The Ballad Of Malcolm Campbell – 10 original songs of life, love and loss.
– The Outstanding Standard Duo – 7 Jazz standards, recorded with pianist Kevin Hunt.
– Manhattan Love Bistro – 7 song Jazz EP, 5 standards 2 original.
– The Rider On The White Horse – ©2012 Deborah Dicembre . Produced by Randall Waller & Deborah Dicembre.
Born into a family of musicians, Deborah took to the stage at age 5 and went on to win
2003 Australian Gospel Songwriting Award – Best Lyrics
1997 Unisong International Songwriting Comp. 1st place R&B Division
1991 ABC Young Australian Writers Series
1988 Australian Jazz Singers Award